Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS653283
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Western Australian College of Agriculture – Narrogin is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Chef to join their college.
We are seeking an individual to provide economic and efficient leadership and training for staff within the catering division of the college. The successful applicant will present quality and healthy food and varied menus to the students, staff and visitors.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and rostering employees. You will ensure food and equipment is ordered as required, within the budgeted funds. The successful applicant will ensure the quality and variety of meals in the catering area of the college is at a high standard.
The College has a dynamic and enthusiastic staff who combine effectively to provide training and education to teenagers. The college is situated 6 kilometres from a regional town with good facilities. The College has a long and proud history of servicing the agricultural community of Western Australia. Established in 1906, Narrogin is the oldest agricultural College in the state and consistently ranks in the Top Public Schools for Vocational Education and Training. Students in years 10 through to 12 enrol from all over the state and the majority board on site in attractive residential facilities with individual air conditioned room
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in a commercial cooking environment and ability to organise and prepare meals for approximately 100 people on a daily basis.
- Leadership and management skills including the ability to train and supervise catering staff.
- Experience in stock control, including budgeting and purchasing of food and kitchen supplies.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and prioritise tasks to meet conflicting timelines.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with individuals at all levels.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Narrogin can be found by visiting www.narroginag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Teresa Rafferty, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9881 9727 or emailing Teresa.Rafferty@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a trade qualification in cooking or equivalent;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 November 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.