Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS649808
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Newman Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated School Officer to join our friendly team.
The School Officer undertakes general reception and administrative duties with strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. Suitable applicants will possess good verbal and written communication expressing information and ideas clearly. Additionally, suitable applicants will possess interpersonal skills working in a team environment. Ideally you will have experience in providing effective customer service and ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Newman PS is a vibrant learning community that is located in the Pilbara town of Newman. Our school provides endless opportunities for its students to experience variety and success.
Through the diversity of our programs, the enthusiasm of our staff and the support of our wider community we strive to fulfil the goals outlined in our strategic plan in order to deliver quality learning outcomes for students. We are an Independent Public School, enabling localised planning and decision making to improve the outcomes for all students. Students and staff are expected to work together to achieve personal excellence in all they do.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newman Primary School can be found by visiting www.newmanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Linda Cook, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working Newman, by telephoning (08) 9154 3900 or emailing Linda.Cook@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.