Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646573
Craigie Heights Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaners In Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
The Cleaner in Charge leads, organises and supervises the cleaning staff and will maintain the cleaners’ time-book, report absences and arrange relief staff. You will provide on job induction training for new cleaning staff and conduct monthly cleaning inspections with the Manager of Corporate Services. As Line Manger, the Cleaner in Charge will monitor and manage staff leave entitlements, ensure all leave and allowance forms are completed correctly and conduct performance management in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
To ensure school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure, The Cleaner in Charge will manage hazardous substances in accordance with occupational safety and health legislation, including maintaining records such as Safety Data Sheets, Risk Assessments, and training of the cleaning staff team. In this position, the Cleaner in Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, ensuring advice and support is current, relevant and consistent with the Department’s policies, training and procedures on school cleaning.
In additional to managing the work schedule of the cleaning team, the Cleaner in Charge will undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school. The Cleaner in Charge will be required to record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the Communication Book, order and maintain stock and equipment, monitor the budget, and be responsible for opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system.
Suitable applicants will have excellent attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team, as well as part of a whole school community. You will be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices with strong record keeping skills. Your aim will be to ensure that high standards of cleaning are always maintained. We are looking for applicants who share the Department’s ethos that every school is a good school, every teacher is effective, and every student is successful. The Cleaner in Charge role is essential to supporting these aims through ensuring an optimally safe and hygienic learning environment for children.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Craigie Heights Primary School please visit www.craigieheightsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bernadine McCleary, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6206 2200 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria below by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 2 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED