Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS650311
Western Australian (WA) College of Agriculture – Cunderdin is seeking to establish a pool of First Cooks for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time which may arise during the 2020 school year and up until the end of Term 3 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
To be suitable for this role, the First Cook is required to work well in a team environment to prepare a large volume of meals on a daily basis. The ability to work unsupervised, good planning and coordinating skills to ensure adequate preparation of meals will be highly regarded. The kitchen staff have set work hours, and the kitchen roster rotates so that staff work up to 10 days per fortnight.
As the First Cook, you will provide high quality, nutritious meals for college students and staff and for special functions. You will work with the College Chef and other kitchen staff to order stock, prepare and plan College meals, maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment in keeping with public health and safety standards. The Level 3 Cook is expected to coordinate some kitchen functions in the absence of the Chef.
The WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 160kms east of Perth. Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 134 bed residential facility.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in a commercial cooking environment and ability to prepare meals for approximately 100 people on a daily basis.
- Ability to instruct and supervise catering staff.
- Experience in the ordering or requisitioning of food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient kitchen operations.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks to meet timelines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and work cooperatively in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Cunderdin can be found by visiting cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Darryl McCart, Residential Manager, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning 0438 971 346 or by emailing Darryl.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.