Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS646800
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Millars Well Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be able to work in a collaborative/team environment to aid teachers in the delivery of planned education programs and assist with the care and well-being of students. Successful applicants will be organised and diligent to effectively maintain equipment and resources for use in classes and ensure a safe, tidy learning environment is maintained. Successful Applicants will also provide support to ensure the learning environment is inclusive and relevant with the health and safety of students being a high priority. It is also desirable that you have experience in managing children with challenging behaviours as many mainstream children have this requirement.
Millars Well PS is located in the town of Karratha and forms part of the Pilbara Education District. It is approximately 1700km north of Perth. Our school, with its locality, draws students from families working for mining companies and their associated contractors, government employees, Australian Army and private enterprise.
Millars Well PS is committed to providing students with a safe, inclusive and happy environment, conducive to optimal learning. A lifelong love of learning is what we aim to achieve. Our work practices endeavour to cater for diversity, a wide range of cognitive, physical and behavioural differences in students.
Our school motto of ‘Friendship and Achievement’ is reflected in our social and academic learning programs. We are a school committed to active student participation, excellence, respect, inclusivity and diversity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Millars Well Primary School can be found by visiting www.millarswellps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tammy Brown, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning (08) 9187 6900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.