Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS652604
Tom Price Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Gardener-Handypersons for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the school grounds and gardens in a clean, neat and tidy condition and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The gardener maintains tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition. In addition, the successful applicant ensures that formal and informal sports areas are marked as required and performs minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
At Tom Price SHS, your child will be provided with a quality education through an extensive Year 7 to Year 12 program. This includes the opportunity to be a part of the Pilbara CoRE program (Centre of Resource Excellence) - a secondary school specialist STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) course which focuses on the Pilbara's leading role in the mining and resources industry.
As Tom Price SHS is a small high school it provides the opportunity to form positive relationships with students and staff. Our staff have a sense of humour and willingness to join a committed group of staff looking to maximise opportunities for students. Tom Price provides a great location for staff wanting to be part of the community, either sporting or in a voluntary way.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Tom Price SHS please visit www.tompriceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Barb O’Neill, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price, by telephoning (08) 9143 8100 or emailing Barbara.email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and one another work related referee;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to Barbara.Oneill@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception Milpera Street, Tom Price before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED