Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS649622
This is a permanent part-time (0.63FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Corrigin District High School (DHS) is seeking a reliable and hardworking Cleaner In Charge to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant should be a highly motivated and proactive person who shows initiative and works well in a team. You will take pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school.
As our Cleaner In Charge, you will be able to organise and supervise staff, and have sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. The successful applicant will ideally have strong interpersonal and team motivational skills as well as being organised with strong record keeping skills.
Corrigin DHS is situated in the Southern Wheatbelt 240 km from Perth, and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. We are proud of our strong ethos of a caring, inclusive learning community where every child is treated with kindness as a valued individual. Students have opportunity to develop as courageous, accepting and resilient individuals and are encouraged to take responsibility for their own excellence as citizens of good character.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Corrigin District High School please visit www.corrigindhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Amanda Bootsma, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Corrigin, by telephoning (08) 9063 2042 or emailing Amanda.Bootsma@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager, and
- In no more than two (2) pages, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- The ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.