Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE645978
Programs and Data ECT branch are seeking to establish a pool of Data Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2021.
The Data Support Officer will ensure accuracy of the Student Records Management System (SRMS) database by assisting schools to interpret and solve errors identified in the upload of registration demographic, enrolment and results data. The successful applicant will identify, develop and implement solutions to rectify error reports generated from the SRMS database relating to student registration, demographic, enrolment and results data.
The successful applicant will coordinate and timely upload registration, demographic, enrolment and results data whilst maintaining currency of Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications and linked units of competency in SRMS. You will coordinate timely uploading of VET registrations, enrolments and results data whilst identifying missing Kindergarten – Year 12 data and liaise with schools and Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) providers relating to the submission of missing data.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in advanced word processing skills and experience with other components of Microsoft Office, including spreadsheets.
- Ability to input and extract data in established data base programs.
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to negotiate effectively with stakeholders and parties at all levels.
- Ability to work in a team environment to meet planned outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and to organise and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Vanessa Peters, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9273 6779 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED