Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS651386
Do you have what it takes to improve the learning outcomes of students with diverse learning difficulties?
Leeming Senior High School Education Support Centre (ESC) are seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants - Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
The Education Assistant – Special Needs role requires a combination of teamwork, flexibility, and the ability to use initiative to support students with disabilities achieving their social, emotional and academic goals. Our primary focus is to develop a safe, supportive learning environment where students can maximise their opportunities to meet their educational goals and reach their individual potential.
Suitable applicants will ideally be organised, have excellent interpersonal skills and work well as part of a team. Good behaviour management skills and knowledge of disability will be highly regarded.
Leeming Senior High School ESC is a warm and welcoming school. The positive and inclusive environment we create ensures that all members of our school community feel welcomed, safe, respected and valued. At Leeming SHS ESC we provide specialised educational programs to meet the needs of our students with disabilities in years 7 -12. We are located just 17 kilometres south of Perth close to the Kwinana Freeway.
We pride ourselves on our strong pastoral care programs that help students cope better with the challenges that arise for young people. Our well established community partnerships give opportunities for real-life learning and engage students in relevant and meaningful experiences.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with students, teachers, parents and professional staff on the provision of educational programs.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
- Demonstrated ability to assist teachers in implementing education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeming Senior High School Education Support Centre can be found by visiting leemingesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Keran Davies, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9313 5408 or emailing Keran.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include: A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school:
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.