Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS649564
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Kalumburu Remote Community School is seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic School Officer.
As the School Officer, you will provide assistance across a variety of administration tasks, such as entering student enrolment data, maintaining student attendance records, absenteeism reports, updating staff and student records and generating routine reports from the school databases. Other responsibilities will include undertaking reception duties, including meeting and greeting visitors, staff and students, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members using their excellent customer service skills. Ideally, suitable candidates would possess strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise and deliver tasks when under pressure
Kalumburu - meaning 'Path By The River or River Crossing' is the most northerly Aboriginal Community in Western Australia and is situated on the banks of the King Edward River beside a long, deep billabong at the upriver end of Malindjar Gorge. The nearest townships to Kalumburu are Kununurra (565 kms S.E.), Wyndham (560 kms S.E.) and Derby (650 kms. W) Access to the region is available by sea, air from Kununurra, Wyndham and Derby/Broome and by unsealed road depending on seasonal conditions.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalumburu Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Vina Goulden, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalumburu, by telephoning (08) 9168 4802 or emailing Vina.Goulden@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.