Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS649240
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Mount Lawley Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Facilities Coordinator to join their friendly and supportive team.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible to the Manager Corporate Services (MCS) in overseeing faults management and contractors. This includes coordinating the daily operations of the school relating to the management and maintenance of the school grounds and amenities. The successful applicant will be responsible for the maintenance and record keeping activities related to the school’s facilities and assets and for assisting in coordinating diverse day to day operations and providing general administrative assistance to the school’s MCS. Support will be provided to the MCS for the implementation and maintenance of security systems and the implementation of asset management and maintenance strategies for school facilities, equipment and buildings. Given the nature of this role, sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and sound knowledge of school machinery would be advantageous.
Mount Lawley Senior High School is one of the premier schools in Western Australia. Founded in 1955, the school has a rich history of student success and achievement. This tradition continues with a commitment to the achievement of personal best and excellence in all aspects of school life. At Mount Lawley Senior High School, it is our expectation that all students will undertake further education and or training after Year 12. Importantly, we are committed to the provision of learning programs that cater for all post-school destinations, including University, Technical and Further Education and employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of school buildings, grounds and facilities and the ability to investigate funding opportunities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Sound computer skills in a range of application software packages, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety as it relates to facilities and asset maintenance.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Lawley Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lawley.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Moxey, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9265 1503 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.