Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635867
This is a permanent part-time (0.44FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Wickham Primary School (PS) are seeking a dedicated and motivated Cleaner to join their team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning. They will play a vital function ensuring that the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students and community members.
For more almost 50 years, Wickham PS has offered a high quality education for our Kindergarten to Year 6 students. We value a safe, friendly and inclusive learning environment for staff, students and their families with respect to the strong cultural history of the Ngarluma people
Our school is an established and integral part of the small town community spirit that defines Wickham. Our highly experienced staff are able to build solid relationships with students and parents by implementing our whole-school positive behaviour support program of High Expectations, Respect for all and Safety.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wickham Primary School please visit www.wickhamprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Michelle Schut, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wickham, by telephoning (08) 9185 8500 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
1. You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
2. You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others
3. A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online. [to be removed if online applications only]
To submit your application, please selection one of the options below:
- Hand deliver your documents to the school reception. You must do this before the closing date below.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED