Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE645381
This is a forty-five (45) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
The Financial Services Branch is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual to the role of Project Lead – Finance SIS Replacement Project. The School Information System (SIS) replacement project has a number of different workstreams to support school and student administration, of which finance is one workstream.
The Project Lead – Finance SIS Replacement Project has overall responsibility for the management of the design, development, testing, migration and implementation of the finance modules, reporting tool and dependency systems that interface with other corporate systems. The Project Lead will work with the overall SIS Replacement Project leadership group and Director, Financial Services to provide direction on finance matters and manage the finance project component to ensures user requirements are met through the new system.
The Project Team is responsible for providing an integrated finance solution for schools comprising of the finance and the general ledger, asset and resource management, purchasing and payables and billing and debtor management modules, budget management and reporting. This is an opportunity for improvement in accounting and business processes to enhance financial management and decision making for school users at all levels.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level knowledge and understanding of policy, procedures and accounting practices within the legislative framework, such as the Financial Management in Schools Policy and Procedures, School Education Act 1999, State Supply Commission Act 1991, the Financial Management Act 2006, Financial Regulations, Treasurer’s Instructions and Tax legislations.
- High-level skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality projects, reform and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- High-level understanding and practical experience in project management and the development, implementation and support of financial accounting and management systems.
- High-level understanding and practical skills in managing the planning, implementation, monitoring and review of professional development and training programs.
- High-level analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strategic leadership skills in managing human, physical, financial, technological and information resources.
- High-level verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with key internal and external stakeholders at a senior level and to build strong relationships
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Trish Fraga-Diaz, Director by telephoning (08) 9264 5187 or emailing Trish.Fraga-Diaz@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a tertiary qualification in an accounting or related discipline and eligibility for membership of a professional accounting body
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- undertake frequent travel to schools and education regional offices
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED