Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE647389
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Infrastructure Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Project Support Officer in the Capital Works and Maintenance branch.
The Project Support Officer will provide administrative and policy support to Senior Project Officers whilst assisting in developing databases, documentation relating to capital resource sharing, interpretation of policy requirements and provide local knowledge of existing facilities for the Department. The successful applicant will contribute to a work environment that is safe, fosters equity and diversity, enables the achievement of personal and EBS goals and facilitate accomplishment of designated roles and deliverables. The successful applicant will contribute to change management projects relevant to the Branch whilst representing the Branch, as required, on Directorate committees and working parties.
The successful applicant will assist Senior Project Officers in assessing facilities-related needs and compilation of equitable programs for provision of capital works through developing and maintaining databases, interpretation of policy requirements and local knowledge of existing facilities. You will assist Senior Project Officers in monitoring schools’ needs for transportable accommodation whilst assisting with documentation relating to capital resource sharing projects, including licences and leases.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of and experience in the negotiation and preparation of licence and lease agreements associated with capital resource sharing projects.
- Sound communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships and prepare appropriate correspondence.
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills.
- Sound organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently or in a team environment to achieve required project/program outcomes.
- Experience in the use of relevant software packages.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lenore Stanton, Principal Project Officer by telephoning (08) 9264 5080 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED