Please note the contact person has changed.
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE645148
This is a permanent full-time position commencing asap.
The Leadership Institute is seeking an organised, proactive individual to manage processes and projects in the role of Project Officer.
The Leadership Institute supports the Department of Education’s strategic objectives and provides high-quality, innovative and evidence-based professional learning programs for school leaders at all stages of their career.
The Project Officer will coordinate and manage administrative systems for the delivery of professional learning programs for school leaders across the state. The Officer will establish and maintain effective processes to ensure project scopes, plans and correspondence are developed, recorded and actioned and project timelines are met. The role records and analyses program data to generate accurate and consistent reporting to assist in preparation of briefing notes and corporate correspondence.
The role also establishes and maintains effective communication between the Leadership Institute, participants and schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed project management skills, including the ability to manage numerous project tasks and activities simultaneously within time and budget constraints.
- Well-developed written communications skills and experience in the preparation of reports and briefing notes.
- Well-developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups to achieve project outcomes.
- Well-developed computer application skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Winfield, Manager, by calling (08) 9413 3337 or by emailing Fiona.Winfield@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED