Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647580
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Treendale Primary School (PS) are seeking to appoint a friendly School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative and model excellence in customer and administrative support service delivery. They will have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
To be suitable for the role you will need to demonstrate strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, and have superior communication and interpersonal skills to undertake reception duties. Managing considerable student enrolment enquiries and promoting the school with exceptional customer service skills will be essential Excellent verbal skills and the ability to liaise with staff and students is essential. This position provides the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated, team oriented working environment where flexibility and humour are often called for.
Treendale PS is a thriving and innovative school that caters for the individual needs of our students in a friendly, safe and exciting learning environment and the learning environments at Treendale. embrace the philosophy of flexibility.
Learning programs in all year levels support children to grow and develop skills needed for the future. Our students learn to be confident, curious, collaborative critical thinkers who are resilient and can embrace change. Specialist learning areas ensure all children across the school have access to specifically trained and dedicated teachers. We are a highly collaborative school with strong and effective partnerships with families, we seek excellence in all that we do.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Treendale Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Karen Thomson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 5100, 0415774625 or emailing Karen.Thomson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.