Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP648180
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Newman Primary School (PS) is seeking an innovative, committed and collaborative Deputy Principal to work as a member of the School Leadership Team to lead in the areas of teaching and learning, student services and behaviour management.
As the Deputy Principal you will adopt a flexible approach to your working day, and embrace the opportunity to work within a diverse and changing environment. This will include demonstrating how your skills and knowledge support the delivery of the school vision and emerging new Newman PS Business Plan 2021–2023. To be successful in this role, you will possess a high level of interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
As the Deputy Principal, you will be responsible for student services, case management of students at educational risk (SAER) and behaviour management. You will accommodate and reinforce the behaviour-shaping and pastoral care policies of the school that support the successful development of student self-esteem, self-management, resilience and social awareness.
Newman PS is a vibrant learning community that is located in the Pilbara town of Newman. Our school provides endless opportunities for its students to experience variety and success. Through the diversity of our programs, the enthusiasm of our staff and the support of our wider community we strive to fulfil the goals outlined in our strategic plan in order to deliver quality learning outcomes for students. We are an Independent Public School, enabling localised planning and decision making to improve the outcomes for all students. Students and staff are expected to work together to achieve personal excellence in all they do.
Our positive and challenging whole school teaching programs allow all students to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become confident learners in the 21st century. We are proud of our reputation in offering a diverse range of subjects including health, media, arts and physical education which are taught by specialist teachers. In addition to traditional learning area programs, Newman PS offers programs that seek to develop important social and emotional attributes of all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newman PS can be found by visiting www.newmanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nadine Pulbrook, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9154 3900 or emailing Nadine.Pulbrook@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Nadine Pulbrook, on 0455 091 226.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.