Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS644812
Orange Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
School Officers are responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties which include: providing information, advice and collecting documentation for enrolment; entering student enrolment data and maintaining student attendance records, maintaining staff and relief staff records; and generating routine reports from the school databases.
As the school’s first point of contact the suitable applicants will require excellent communication skills, meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. Liaising with staff, students and school community members in a positive and respectful manner is essential.
Orange Grove PS is a small Independent Public School with a long and proud history of providing quality education to our students. While tradition is an important part of our culture, our focus is on preparing children for the future. Our school caters for up to 130 children from Kindergarten to Year 6 and has a strong ethos of being a warm, caring and friendly community where every child is treated as a valued individual as guided by our motto of 'Friendship and Achievement'.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Orange Grove Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Diane McHugh, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9232 3400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the holiday break you may contact Diane on 0405 770 627 (for job related information only)
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.