Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE645374
PLEASE NOTE: Closing date has been extended to Friday, 23 October 2020.
This is a twenty-four (24) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you looking for a rewarding challenge?
The Kimberley Schools Project is seeking to appoint a dedicated and motivated Program Coordinator - Early Childhood Education to join our team.
The successful applicant will provide educational leadership to schools and communities by encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the Project’s vision and goals. You will use effective change management strategies to lead schools and communities to accept and develop opportunities for improving educational outcomes in literacy and numeracy.
This role will require you to provide expert advice and support to schools in developing and implementing targeted programs, plans, strategies and approaches for improving student achievement. Along with this you will develop and deliver professional learning for teacher development to build capacity of staff to support school plans and strategies for enhancing learning outcomes for students. As the successful applicant, you will collect, analyse and interpret quality data and contextual information to identify schools where system and school-level achievement indicate that students are not achieving appropriate standards and provide reports on recommended support required to the Manager, Kimberley Schools Project.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices and the ability to apply evidenced based practices to the Project’s four key components.
- Highly developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Extensive skills and experience in the development and implementation of programs, strategies and approaches across the Project’s four key components at a school, region or system level.
- Well developed communication and presentation skills, including experience in data management and preparing reports.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership, deal effectively with change, and generate and apply innovative solutions across the Project’s key components.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nynke Tascon, Project Manager, by telephoning 0477 724 916 or emailing Nynke.Tascon@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Undertake travel throughout the Kimberley region
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED