Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647500
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.31FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Port Kennedy Primary School (PS) is seeking a hard working Cleaner in Charge to work with a team environment to enable the school to be cleaned to a high standard.
Our Cleaner in Charge is responsible for the management of cleaning staff, including relief staff, purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources, maintenance of cleaning equipment and undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You will have pride in your work as a member of the team keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy. You will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book. In addition, you will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters relevant and consistent with the Department’s policies, training and procedures on school cleaning.
The successful applicant will maintain high levels of hygiene and contribute to the professional presentation of the school. The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. You will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of veranda’s and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs.
Port Kennedy PS opened in 1996, catering for students in Kindergarten through to year 6. In 2017 we proudly became an Independent Public School and we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional service to our families and local community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Port Kennedy Primary School please visit www.portkennedyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Sue Iskra, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9553 0950 or emailing email@example.com. During the school holidays please phone 0431 931 483.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 1 La Manche Avenue, Port Kennedy before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED