Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS648126
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you a dedicated, motivated, healthy and enthusiastic person with experience and a strong focus in cleaning standards and practices?
Tuart Forest Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner in Charge to join their school.
The Cleaner in Charge ensures school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure. They will organise and order stock and equipment as well as manage hazardous materials and the Material Safety Data Sheets.
The successful applicant will organise rosters and relief for staff on leave. They will manage cleaners time books and organise on the job training of new and current cleaning staff. They will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
Tuart Forest PS opened its doors in 2013 to students from Kindergarten to Year Six. The school is located in the fast growing Dalyellup Beach Estate, just south of Bunbury in Western Australia. The school is experiencing high growth in student numbers. This means our workforce is growing along with our budget. The successful applicant should be flexible and adaptable. Our work environment is dynamic, so managing change effectively is an important consideration.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tuart Forest PS can be found by visiting www.tuartforestps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Angelene Mckendry, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dalyellup, by telephoning (08) 9795 1525 or emailing Angelene.Mckendry@education.wa.edu.au. During the school holidays please phone Brian Johnson on 0419 954 918.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED