Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE647476
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
The Residential Colleges branch is seeking to appoint a caring, dedicated and enthusiastic College Manager for Albany Residential College.
The College Manager will live on site, have a genuine desire to assist young people complete their education while living away from home and family and be responsible for the delivery of a high quality boarding service.
Albany Residential College provides a boarding service for secondary students that includes accommodation, meals, student care and development, and educational and recreational resources and programs.
There are nine Residential Colleges in Western Australia located in Albany, Broome, City Beach, Esperance, Geraldton, Merredin, Moora, Narrogin and Northam. Further information on these facilities can be found at https://www.education.wa.edu.au/residential-colleges
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to work effectively with secondary students, promoting health, safety, welfare and appropriate behaviour.
- Effective organisational skills and the capacity to provide leadership.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including staff recruitment and selection and performance management.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Chris Chuck, Acting Manager Residential Colleges by telephoning (08) 9264 5432 or emailing Christopher.Chuck@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees are required:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- within six months of commencement of employment to obtain and maintain a current:
- First Aid Certificate – Provide CPR (HLTAID001);
- First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid (HLTAID003);
- LR Class Driver’s Licence with F endorsement;
- Aquatic Rescue for Group lll Pool Award*; and
- Surf Rescue Certificate*.
- within twelve months of commencement of employment obtain a Certificate IV in Community Services – Student Residential Care (CHC42015).
* Dependent on operational requirements as determined by Manager Residential Colleges.
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED