Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS636585
Coodanup College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and committed Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
As an Education Assistant – Special Needs you will assist students to develop confidence and a sense of well-being in a variety of educational settings. You will possess a calm, positive and professional manner and have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues. Suitable applicants will also provide feedback when required on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to student progress.
Coodanup College is a proud and dynamic school and we value learning, relationships and personal achievements. Staff at our school enjoy a collaborative team based environment where knowledge sharing and a positive work ethic is encouraged. Coodanup College is a school for all students and provides opportunities for every student to develop a pathway to experience success within a fair, nurturing and caring environment which will enable all students to develop a pathway that is useful, productive and ultimately lead to a satisfying future. At Coodanup a range of pathways and learning experiences for students are provided to cater for individual needs.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- ability to assist with general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coodanup College can be found by visiting www.coodanup.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Deb Hurren, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Coodanup, by telephoning (08) 9581 0900 or emailing Debra.Hurren@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Deb Hurren, Manager Corporate Services, on 0414 959 097.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.