Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA646316
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you looking to step up to the next level in school leadership?
Ocean Reef Senior High School is seeking to expand the Student Services Team with the appointment of a Program Coordinator to provide strong strategic educational leadership across the school and community by developing and promoting the school vision.
The position offers a rewarding opportunity for a successful leader who possesses the vision, professional knowledge, experience and skills along with the personal qualities required to build positive, professional working relationships with students, staff, parents and stakeholders. The successful applicant will have the ability to promote a sense of self-worth, self-awareness and personal identity that enables students to take accountability for their wellbeing. Students will be supported to consider and prepare for future pathways and transitions to ensure engagement and success.
The role of Program Coordinator – Student Services is dynamic, strategic, proactive and hands on. The successful applicant will lead and work collaboratively with school leaders and staff to ensure every child is on a pathway to success. They will strategically plan, implement and review Student Services operational systems and whole school strategic initiatives in consultation and collaboration with the leadership and Student Services team.
The successful applicant will promote positive educational outcomes for all students including those with diverse and identified learning needs. On a day to day basis, this position requires significant expertise in data analysis, management of individual student and group behaviours, attendance, and student wellbeing. This position requires excellence in communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to provide timely and appropriate support to students, staff and families.
Staff at Ocean Reef SHS take personal and collective responsibility for working together and learning from each other’s practices with an overt and shared commitment to the continuous improvement of student outcomes. Evidence is effectively used to foster conversations, building a culture of professional collaboration, self-evaluation and reflection across the school that further develops high quality teaching and learning in every classroom. As teachers and leaders in state and global learning communities that stimulate innovation, creativity and digital age collaboration, we provide opportunities for continuous professional learning in emerging and informed educational trends and research. Learner centred environments are equipped with technology and learning resources that support STEM and ICT initiatives to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
At Ocean Reef SHS we are committed to providing a learning environment where every student is on a pathway to success. Students, teachers and families work as equal partners, collaborating to ensure that each student is empowered to reach their potential as a lifelong learner and valued contributor to society. Our students’ success is underpinned by; Aspirational students, Inspirational teaching teams, Innovative instructional leaders and Engaged families and community. You will support the implementation of the school business plan, and be committed to whole school approaches and initiatives.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Reef SHS can be found by visiting www.oceanreef.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Leah Crawford, Associate Principal, by telephoning 0409 379 750 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.