Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS648628
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 and 2021 school years. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 and 2021 school years.
In this role you will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance of information systems and information technology (IT) equipment in accordance with the school’s needs and Department of Education policies and guidelines. The successful applicant will ideally possess effective communication skills and a thorough understanding of major operating systems and mobile devices with their associated software would be highly desirable.
Ideally, you will also have the ability to work as part of a team, liaise with other Department of Education officers and to communicate with external service providers. Previous experience working in a school would be highly desirable. We are looking for an applicant who is a diligent professional, able to strategize and prioritise to ensure the timely completion of major IT projects, while continually providing high quality support to students, as well as a large group of employees with varying levels of IT knowledge.
Waroona District High School is a small yet distinctive Independent Public School that places the needs of our students at the centre of all that we do.
Our vision is for Waroona District High School to be the school of choice in the local community.
Our vision will be realised through:
- leading an improvement focussed culture; delivery of high quality, evidence based instruction and a curriculum that engages all students;
- provision of a high care environment that develops individual students' social and emotional wellbeing, within a framework of positive behaviour support;
- development of mutually supportive and valued relationships between students, staff, parents and the wider community
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Waroona DHS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tammy Loffler, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, by telephoning (08) 9782 7000, 0412 512 448 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.