Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647881
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Can you make our school sparkle?
Morawa District High School (SHS) is looking to appoint a Cleaner with a strong eye-for-detail and good work ethic to join the cleaning team at the school.
A Cleaner is responsible for carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. Having a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices to ensure the facilities are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety would be highly desirable.
Morawa District High School is proud to be an independent public school providing a strong, sustainable education from Kindergarten to Year 12. Morawa is situated in the Mid-West region, approximately 370 km North of Perth, enabling students to live and learn in a safe rural setting.
Morawa DHS has a strong focus on Positive Behaviour Supports (PBS) catering for students wellbeing and shares a commitment with parents and the community to provide a safe, stimulating and differentiated learning environment, encouraging all students to be fully engaged and motivated to excel.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Morawa DHS please visit www.morawadistricthighschool.com or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Linda Jenkins, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Morawa, by telephoning (08) 9971 2500 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and a previous Line Manager/employer.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 October 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED