Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH650284
Freshwater Bay Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Teachers K-6 for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be motivated and passionate educators with an excellent understanding of the curriculum requirements for this role and an ability to provide a broad range of engaging experiences for all students. They will be highly motivated and committed to creating an effective, engaging, inclusive and innovative learning environment; based on high accountability and expectations to ensure all children are achieving their maximum potential.
What makes Freshwater Bay Primary School different?
- Our strong focus on each child.
- An emphasis on professional learning for teachers.
- Monitoring the progress of every child and targeted feedback to improve teaching and learning.
- Facilities and resources that support innovative teaching practice.
- A broad range of learning programs designed to encourage a love of learning.
- A quality learning program from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Our focus is on raising the standard in the school, academically, socially and behaviourally. Our strategy is built around every child is everyone’s responsibility, high quality teachers, consistent classroom management across the school and a place where all children feel they belong.
The selection process will have three stages.
- Information evening Freshwater Bay Tuesday 13 October PS 5pm to 6.30pm (Recommended)
- Shortlisting of written applications
- Group interviews
- Individual interviews if required.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Freshwater Bay PS can be found by visiting www.freshwaterbayps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Simon Reid, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6458 7000, 0409 187 536 (during school holidays) or emailing Simon.Reid@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.