Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS639206
Be a part of a dynamic new College and make a difference for students
Bob Hawke College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and friendly Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during Term 4, 2020 and the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements in Term 4, 2020 and any time in the 2021 school year.
In this role you will join our Hygiene Services Team to help create the best environment for students to succeed in their learning. To be suitable for this role you will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Suitable applicants will be expected to carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes hard floor maintenance, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Ideally, suitable applicants will have the following attributes:
- be able to demonstrate care;
- be curious about learning and about learners;
- be invested in the College and the community;
- have a sense of humour; and
- be reflective of themselves and their practice.
Bob Hawke College is a central hub of the Subiaco community with its innovative design and shared facilities. Our College delivers academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships with those around us and improved learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Bob Hawke College please visit bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Nicole Cooper, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0419 041 449 or emailing Nicole.Cooper@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- The ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- The ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.