Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE648649
This is a thirteen (13) month fixed term, full-time position commencing November 2020
The Project Working Group for Consolidated Information Communication Technology (ICT) Services within the ICT Division is seeking a highly professional, well organised and efficient person to join their team as a Project Administration Officer.
The role will support the Principal Consultant, ICT Strategic Procurement and Program Director for the remainder of the project and is to ensure records, registers and documentation are accurate, up to date and provide a clear audit trail of the project; confidentiality is maintained; probity requirements and other processes are followed; meetings are booked; agendas, minutes and supporting documents are prepared, recorded and distributed; and other project support requirements are fulfilled.
This demanding role is on a high priority and highly complex ICT project for the Department of Education and needs a committed individual to provide exceptional administrative support.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and considerable experience in the delivery of project-based administration support services.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities to meet conflicting timelines.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team environment and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels and in a variety of contexts.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply a customer focussed service to stakeholder enquiries and operational requirements.
- Well-developed computer application skills, including a working knowledge of word processing and development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lynn McGill, Principal Consultant by emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter of no more than four (4) page, statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED