Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647666
Broome Senior High School is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
As a suitable applicant, you will be a team player and be able to work in collaboration with the Cleaner in Charge to create and maintain an exceptionally clean and hygienic school environment. You will be responsible for internal and external cleaning duties which include, but are not limited to, dusting, carpet maintenance, rubbish removal, cleaning of toilets, cleaning of drinking troughs and other such duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge on a daily basis. During the Vacation Cleaning Program, duties will include, but are not limited to, stripping and sealing of vinyl floors and maintenance of the under covered area surface as directed by the Cleaner in Charge. Suitable applicants will have the ability to communicate effectively and to work as a team member.
Broome SHS is located in one of WA’s premier tourist locations. Over the past few years we have been very successful in making our school a friendly, welcoming and positive place to be. The positive attitude of staff and students has resulted in outstanding results for our students. Broome SHS prides itself on providing students with the best possible environment to be the best they can be and providing them with a welcoming environment is an important part of this.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Broome Senior High School please visit www.broomeshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Leanne Wells, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 3100 (during the school holiday period 0417 610 661) or emailing Leanne.Wells@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager; and
2. In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
3. A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents or;
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application or;
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at 69 Frederick Street, Broome before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED