Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA646728
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Sevenoaks Senior College has an exciting opportunity for a leader to undertake the role of Program Coordinator – Follow the Dream.
Follow the Dream: is a support program for aspirational Aboriginal students. The program aims to support Indigenous students to excel academically, complete secondary school and achieve entrance to university. Although university entrance is the primary goal, the program also supports students to achieve other tertiary placements, such as vocational education and training (VET), an apprenticeship or traineeship, or the employment of their choice.
The role of the Program Coordinator involves identifying students for participation in the program and then monitoring and supporting their progress. This involves working closely with classroom teachers and within classrooms to ensure student academic success and general wellbeing.
Additionally, the Program Coordinator will work with students providing subject advice and career guidance. The role involves organising extra-curricular activities and selecting and supporting tutors in the enrichment centre. The successful applicant will require the ability to work effectively with key stakeholders including a number of ‘outreach’ schools, local steering committee, parents and school staff.
The successful applicant will possess an understanding of the program intent, requirements and an appreciation of issues regarding Aboriginal education, students and cultural perspectives.
We are a very dynamic and diverse educational community, with students and their teachers - together with their parents, community members and industry partners - all work collaboratively within a team environment.
The college offers a suite of programs: involving a comprehensive range of WACE courses, VET qualifications at our Trade Training Centre and a BIG PICTURE engagement Academy. Sevenoaks SC offers a suite of programs involving a comprehensive range of ATAR courses, Vocational Education Training and Trade Training Centre certificates and International Centre.
Sevenoaks has a successful partnership with the Clontarf and Wirrpanda Foundations.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices, particularly relating to Aboriginal students and their communities.
- Extensive skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs and strategies at a school, region or system level.
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership that builds capacity, deals effectively with change and generates innovative solutions related to achieving educational outcomes.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to conduct research, prepare reports and establish effective working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sevenoaks Senior College can be found by visiting sevenoaks.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Thomson, Vice Principal, by telephoning 0488 114 918 or emailing Fiona.Thomson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.