Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA647335
This is a fixed term six (6) month position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension
Coastal Lakes College is an Independent Public School (IPS) seeking to appoint a dedicated, highly competent and enthusiastic Program Coordinator - Manager of Positive Support with outstanding interpersonal skills to provide effective and distributed leadership in positive support across the college.
You will be committed to promoting and fostering academic aspiration and engagement in an environment where achievement and inclusion is celebrated. Flexibility in a new shcool is essential and a commitment to coaching and mentoring others will be a significant part of the role. The successful applicant will have demonstrated evidence of high standards of professionalism and will embrace opportunities for collaboration within the college community and neighbouring schools.
You will promote positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the local community as you strategically build, develop and lead a Positive Support team to ensure a whole college approach to positive support by all staff. You will effectively negotiate, build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels as we develop our vibrant and innovative college focused on achieving success for all students. A commitment to the college’s emphasis on pastoral care and co-curricular programs such as Zones of Regulation and You Can Do It! will be essential as well as active promotion of the college’s vision, motto and values within the college and the wider community.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of understanding of the case management of students that includes knowledge of effective intervention, monitoring and reporting strategies. In performing this role, you will possess the ability to provide direction and purpose to staff, build team capacity and cohesion and promote an environment of positive quality learning experiences for all students across the college.
The Manager of Positive Support, in collaboration with the Manager of Inclusion, is responsible for the creation of a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focusing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
The successful applicant will apply their professional knowledge and understanding to promote teaching, learning and student well-being within the school community; and assist in setting the college strategic direction. You would also support the college executive and wider leadership team through assisting the leading of school staff in planning, directed at improving outcomes for students and the level of service delivered by the college.
- Promote an inclusive and positive approach philosophy and practice within Coastal Lakes College;
- Provide leadership and contribute to the line management of support staff within Student Services and across the college;
- Facilitate professional learning for school staff to ensure that the learning environment in classrooms can be accessed by all students;
- Assist in the transition of students from primary school to a secondary context at a cohort, group and individual student level;
- Facilitate interagency links to maximise support for students requiring support or targeted intervention;
- Reflect on and revise systems to support the pastoral care, behavioural and mental health needs of students as the school population grows.
- Facilitate parent links and parent’s participation to enhance positive educational outcomes for students; and
- Maintain effective case management and attendance systems across the college;
Coastal Lakes College is located in Lakelands, a south western suburb of Perth in the City of Mandurah The college opened in 2019 and will cater for students in Year 7 to Year 9 in 2021. It is a new and innovative college which includes an Inclusive Education hub for students with moderate to severe and profound disabilities and will cater for students in Year 7 to Year 12 by 2024 across the college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coastal Lakes College can be found by visiting the schools website www.coastallakescollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kya Graves, Principal by telephoning 9583 2800 or 0410 693 491 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.