Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646593
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Tapping Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Gardener – Handyperson to maintain our gardens.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy working to provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy welcoming condition. We are looking for a team player to work collaboratively with all staff as part of a whole school community. As part of the role you will be required to carry out minor repairs and maintenance as request as well as other Gardener – Handyperson duties in accordance with the Departments policies and guidelines.
Tapping PS is located 30km North of Perth. The school opened in 2007 and became an Independent Public School in 2013. The school population predominately reflects a large migrant population from Great Britain; however, there are over 30 different nationalities represented.
We have 6 classroom teaching blocks all of which are air-conditioned. Every classroom has an interactive whiteboard and access to ICT connectivity. We have established a specialist Science room and recently extended our covered assembly area. We also have heavily invested in providing stimulating play areas for students including the building of our early childhood nature space, built in partnership with the P& C Association.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tapping PS can be found by visiting www.tappingps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact WIlliam Boylan, by telephoning (08) 6207 3100 or emailing Principal.Tapping.PS@education.wa.edu.au or during school holidays please call 0402 535 909
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria listed below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.