Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS641912
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Hannans Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will supervise the day to day operations of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to all staff and students. The Library Officer administers library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times and conducts library skills training and demonstrates the use of library equipment. In addition, the successful applicant assists students, parents and staff to select program and age appropriate materials and prepares and monitors the library budget and makes recommendations for new library resources.
The successful applicant will have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively unsupervised and in a team environment.
Hannans PS was established in 1992 to cater for the demand of an expanding Kalgoorlie-Boulder community. Throughout the past 20 years the school has built a strong and proud school community who are actively involved in the education of all students. Our school has a diverse student population of over 400 from 21 nationalities including 7% of Aboriginal students. We have a strong emphasis on creating a culture of shared responsibility, caring for children and families and promoting positive mental health and wellbeing through our strong commitment to improving academic and social outcomes for all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hannans PS can be found by visiting www.hannansps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jeanne Burmester, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9068 5300 or emailing Jeanne.Burmester@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period Jeanne Burmester will be available via email or by telephoning 0421 645 366 (school hours only)
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.