Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637314
Denmark Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of reliable and dedicated Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
To be suitable for this role you will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Suitable applicants will be expected to carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Located in one of the most scenic towns in Western Australia, Denmark SHS was built on its present location in 2000. The school is positioned on 19 hectares of land bordering the Denmark River. Denmark SHS has modern, aesthetically designed facilities that cater for students from Years 7 to 12.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Denmark Senior High School please visit www.denmarkshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Peter Ridge, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning (08) 9848 0100 or emailing Peter.Ridge@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Peter Ridge, Manager Corporate Services, on 0407 774 343.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply - select from one of the following options:
Submit an application online:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach a comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- Download the application form below. Once you have completed it, please email your application form and CV to Ridge@education.wa.edu.au. You must do this before the closing date below, or
- Hand deliver your documents to the school reception, located at 956 South Coast Highway, Denmark 6333. You must do this before the closing date below.
If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 October 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED