Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE648599
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing November 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
The Asset Planning and Services Directorate are seeking to appoint a highly dedicated and motivated individual to the role of Project Officer – Water Management.
The successful applicant will undertake research and provide input into the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, guidelines and other tools for the effective oversight of water management issues at Department of Education sites.
You will provide information on changes to water management regulatory requirements, update documentation and provide advice and support to the Senior Project Officer – Water Management and Manager Environmental Services whilst liaising with relevant stakeholders.
The Asset Planning and Services Directorate is responsible for the development of strategic asset plans, policies and processes within an asset planning framework, long term land planning for schools and the management of the Department’s land estate. The Directorate also provides services to schools on security and emergency management, environmental services, statistical and demographic planning services and property management.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of water management regulatory requirements and experience in undertaking investigations and maintaining databases, information systems and registers.
- Well-developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills to undertake consultation, collaboration, negotiation and build effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including experience in contributing to reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial requests.
- Skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Frantom, Senior Project Officer – Water Management by telephoning (08) 9264 4870 or emailing Peter.Frantom@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED