Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE642713
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Systems Performance is seeking a highly dedicated Principal Information Analyst to join their friendly team.
The Principal Information Analyst will develop, manage and quality assure a range of interactive, online data visualisation dashboards that provide self-service information for internal and external stakeholders. In doing so, the role identifies, evaluates, import, validate, transforms and analyses data and information from a range of sources.
The position analyses student enrolment, achievement, behaviour, demographic and other corporate data and information. Written correspondence, reports and briefings are prepared in response to requests for information for the Minister, Director General, other members of Corporate Executive, internal business units and external customers.
The role also oversees and creates documentation, standards and processes that ensure the integrity, currency, security, privacy and appropriate use and interpretation of all reported data.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to apply high-level conceptual and analytical skills to analyse, interpret and report on complex and multivariable information such as student, school and system performance data.
- Ability to apply high-level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to prepare high-quality analyses and briefings related to data requests.
- Skills and experience in creating data visualisations, using software such as Tableau, to transform data from a range of sources into information that supports corporate planning, decision-making and reporting.
- Experience and skills in planning, coordinating and monitoring business activities and projects to achieve desired outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Dale Miller, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 4668 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED