Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA644250
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you an inspirational and experienced educational leader committed to building a culture of excellence in teaching and learning? Are you looking for a professionally rewarding career at a new secondary school?
Harrisdale Senior High School (SHS) seeks to appoint a dynamic and progressive Program Coordinator of Student Health and Wellbeing with the experience and drive to help establish a school of excellence in teaching and learning.
The successful applicant will be motivated by the unique leadership opportunity to help establish a new, high-performing senior high school. He/she will be a vital member of the school’s leadership team committed to improving students’ lives through learning and achievement. The Program Coordinator will lead and manage the school’s Student Health and Wellbeing department. He/she will have proven and effective leadership qualities including the capacity to strategically lead evidence-based improvements, and to build and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents and a range of agencies and service providers. An extensive knowledge of disabilities and evidence based approaches will be highly desirable in order to lead and manage the Student Health and Wellbeing team to provide tiered interventions, pastoral care, support and development programs for students. These strategies are integral to enhancing student engagement to ensure high social, emotional and educational outcomes for all students within our school context.
Harrisdale SHS offers a wonderful opportunity for local students to access a high-quality secondary education close to home. Currently, the school has an enrolment of 1,270 students in Years 7 to 10. Thereafter, another year group will enrol annually until 2022, when Harrisdale SHS becomes a Year 7 to 12 school.
Harrisdale is a rapidly growing suburb located approximately 28 kilometres south of the Perth CBD. The school is located on Laverton Crescent, adjacent to the City of Armadale's new playing fields and sports pavilion and Harrisdale Primary School.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harrisdale SHS can be found by visiting www.harrisdaleshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Leila Bothams, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9397 8000, 0427 252 187 (during school holidays) or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.