Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS599441
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Do you want to maximise student success through empowerment and accountability while enjoying the support and high expectations of a large system? Meadow Springs Primary School’s Manager Corporate Services (MCS) position will provide this challenge. You will reap the reward of leading and working with a highly motivated team committed to the school’s motto; Live Laugh Learn.
Meadow Springs Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an experienced and innovative MCS to join their executive leadership team.
The MCS role is a unique and vital role in schools. An outline of the context, role and outcomes is included in the attached JDF.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of applying a solutions focused approach to complex change management, have a growth mindset and employ excellent interpersonal skills. It is highly desirable to be a collaborative and team oriented individual.
Meadow Springs PS is focussed on success for all students, high quality teaching, vibrant learning environments and sustainable achievement. We enjoy a reputation for providing a safe, welcoming and nurturing education environment. The school operates on a shared site together with an Education Support Centre. The community and school have high expectations of both staff and students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Meadow Springs PS please visit www.meadowspringsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Troy Withers, Principal on 9584 7400 (during holiday period 0475 961 781) or by emailing Troy.Withers@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.