Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS587195
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Gascoyne Junction Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking a dedicated and committed individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner.
The successful applicant will carry out cleaning of the allocated internal and external areas including emptying rubbish bins in the waste disposal system. They will liaise with the Principal on all cleaning matters and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book. They will maintain the school environment in accordance with Department procedures. Particular attention must be given to rigorous implementation procedures as outlined in COVID 19 response publications.
Gascoyne Junction RCS is situated in the Shire of the Upper Gascoyne some 174 kilometres away from the coastal town of Carnarvon. We provide a safe and stimulating learning environment for all students and staff. We encourage all staff to be involved in discussion and open communication with parents, carers and community members to provide the best possible learning experience for our students. Experienced, knowledgeable staff differentiate the curriculum to cater for individual needs within an engaging, rich learning environment. The school has a strong focus on numeracy and literacy as well as improving school attendance.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Gascoyne Junction RCS please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Blanche Walker, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Gascoyne, by telephoning 9943 0515, 0439 104 184 (during vacation period) or emailing email@example.com.
During the vacation period Christine Polakiewicz, Principal, on 0402 377 490 is also available to answer any job related queries.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.