Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS648168
South Hedland Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
To be suitable for this role you will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Suitable applicants will be expected to carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
South Hedland PS currently accommodates 230 children on site, from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school is regarded by the community as promoting a supportive learning environment and where all staff demonstrate concern and care for children. There is a strong emphasis on pastoral care in our school and we foster strong relationships with our parents and the community to support student learning. Many students come from families where English is a second language and includes families from diverse backgrounds, with 73% of students having an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Hedland Primary School please visit https://www.southhedlandps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Deb Edwards, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9172 7272 or emailing Deb.Edwards2@education.wa.edu.au. During the school holidays please phone 0456 567 793.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October, 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED