Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647958
Do you like being part of a team?
Caversham Valley Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
Wokring under the Cleaner in Charge, suitable applicants will be conscientious workers, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. You will display pride in your work and assist the team as they strive to keep the school environment clean and safe in accordance with Department procedures.
Suitable applicants will be expected to carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
You will work closely with the leadership team to drive the direction of the school from the establishment and build a connected community to foster a culture of high performance and high care for all students. They will support positive relationships with students, staff, families and external agencies.
Our school is located 15km from the centre of Perth in the growing suburb of Caversham, near the Swan Valley, surrounded by rapidly developing housing estates with many young families. Our school community includes families of different backgrounds and cultures, many from overseas where English is not always the first language or dialect spoken at home.
This brand new school opened in 2020 for Kindergarten to Year 6 students with our campus consisting of Administration, four teaching blocks, undercover assembly area, large library, excellent sporting facilities, and well maintained grounds providing a pleasant and inviting environment. Our teaching and learning environments will reflect a positive and innovative approach to maximising learning opportunities for students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Caversham Valley Primary School can be found by visiting cavershamvalleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Danielle Reimer, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9461 270, or emailing Danielle.Reimer@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period please contact Danielle Reimer, Manager Corporate Services, on 0436 915 798
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.