Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647258
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Paraburdoo Primary School (PS) are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Cleaner to join our team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs.
The cleaner will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. The successful applicant will be able to communicate effectively, work well as the member of a team and take pride in their work.
Paraburdoo PS caters for approximately 200 to 250 students from Kindergarten to Year 6 in the Ashburton Shire of the Pilbara. It is the only school in town with enrolments fluctuating depending on the strength of the mining industry. As an Independent Public School, our challenge is to further develop our students as successful, motivated learners who strive to achieve. Paraburdoo PS works as a 'whole' school where there are professional standards, expectations and alignment between year levels.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Paraburdoo Primary School please visit www.paraburdooprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Melanie Burge, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Paraburdoo by telephoning (08) 5125 4000 or emailing Melanie.Burge@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
2. A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED