Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS647885
Are you passionate about assisting teachers to help students reach their full potential?
Baynton West Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise from Term 4, 2020 up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements from Term 4, 2020 up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
This will primarily be an engagement, mentoring and support role aligned to our Pastoral Care strategies. As an AIEO on our team you will possess the capacity to successfully work with individual students and families at school and within our broader school community. If is highly desirable that applicants have recent, quality experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) students in a successful child engagement or monitoring role. You will have good communication and interpersonal skills as this position requires you to work in close contact with students and families as well as part of a dedicated team.
Baynton West PS opened as an Independent Public School in 2013. This community is passionate about the Independent Public School initiative and each staff member has been locally selected as a result.
The local intake area for Baynton West PS includes the established suburb of Baynton, as well as the new suburb of Baynton West and the newly developed Madigan estate. Situated within a new suburb, the school has become a central focal point for the community. Surrounded by the new homes in the area, roads radiate out through the community with the school at the central hub of this 'wheel'. There is a large playground and community oval shared by the shire and the school which adds even more emphasis on the school being central to the community.
The school has a strong vision that encompasses that children are the heart of the school; each child and their family is integral to the school community and the motto of 'growth and inspiration' relates to each child being supported to reach their potential, in partnership with the school, their families and the wider community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, community members and professional staff on the provision and development of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact on a range of levels in a variety of settings and with different audiences, including community members, teaching and other professionals.
- Ability to contribute to a school-level team and to provide multi-cultural direction in the development of the educational program, development of language resources, and evaluation of education and behaviour management programs.
- Ability to effectively assist teachers in implementing educational and behaviour management programs.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baynton West Primary School can be found by visiting www.bwps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Justine Passmore, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Baynton West, by telephoning (08) 9187 6200 or emailing Justine.Passmore@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holdiay period, please contact Justin Passmore, Manager Corporate Services, on 0427 170 171.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Pursuant of Section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, the occupant of this position must be of Aboriginal descent.
An applicant may provide a confirmation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent through the completion of a Verification of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage form, attached. (Applicants currently employed as AIEOs are excluded.)
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.