Please note : As of 11.40am Friday 16 October 2020 the tenure and closing date have been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS644500
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency.
Shelley Primary School is seeking a dedicated Library Officer who is passionate about children’s literacy and will take an active interest in our students, working to make the library an accessible and welcoming place for all.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively. In this role you will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library. You will administer library systems, ensure library records are up-to date and maintain whole school resources lists efficiently so they are accessible and available. Applicants with experience using Oliver library software would be desirable. You will be responsible for preparing and monitoring the library budget and making recommendations for new library resources. Other responsibilities include coordinating displays and special events using the library resources and working with small groups of children alongside the teacher to teach library skills and support learning programs.
Our vision 'Inspiring a Passion for Learning' reflects the view the school community holds towards all facets of education here at Shelley Primary School. Our staff know and understand their students, both individually and as a class. They work hard to build respectful, trusting relationships with our families, making our parents partners in their child's education. We offer our students a diverse range of programs. A range of technology is available for students to conduct their learning via different platforms such as interactive smartboards in every class room, Macbook laptops in the senior years and iPads in the early and junior years. A school-wide Wi-Fi network allows students to pursue independent learning activities using these devices. Our Library complements the Information and Learning Technologies curriculum and our purpose-built Science and Music rooms provide students with the facilities to enhance great educational outcomes.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shelley Primary School can be found by visiting www.shelleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Petit, by telephoning (08) 9235 1450 or emailing Deborah.Pettit@education.wa.edu.au. During the school holidays please phone 0427 701 474.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.