Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS648041
Dunsborough Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
Suitable applicants should be enthusiastic, motivated and proactive individuals who take pride in providing a high standard of cleanliness in order to provide a clean and safe learning environment for students, staff and visitors.
As a Cleaner you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties. During vacation times, you will also undertake the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Dunsborough PS is an Independent Public School catering for over 760 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school is situated approximately 250km from Perth. We strive to provide a very safe and supportive learning environment which is built around a high level of student engagement, evidenced based pedagogies and positive working partnerships with parents and the local community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Dunsborough Primary School please visit www.dunsborough.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Elizabeth Schmitt, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dunsborough, by telephoning (08) 9781 3777 or emailing Elizabeth.Schmitt@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Elizabeth Schmitt, Manager Corporate Services, on 0428 442 898.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception, located at 40 Turner Street, Dunsborough 6281, before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED