Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646630
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of hardworking and motivated Senior Gardener - Handypersons for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
As a Senior Gardener - Handyperson you will have a working knowledge of current Occupational Health and Safety policies and provide students and staff with a safe external environment. Experience in turf management on sporting grounds is advantageous. You will also ideally have experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks such as those on irrigation systems. To be suitable in this role you will possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals in accordance with the Department of Education policies and guidelines.
Lynwood SHS is an Independent Public School that caters for students in Years 7 - 12. We have a reputation for our outstanding approach to the care of every student, together with a commitment to their academic success across all our programs in the school. We celebrate many successes, including the 2018 winner of the WA Education Awards for Secondary School of the Year. One of our key focuses is the mentoring of our students, combined with a unique pastoral care program based on positive psychology, supporting each student to achieve their potential.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lynwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Cecilia Douglas, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9354 0600 or 0484 108 461 during school holidays or emailing Cecilia.Douglas@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two to four (2-4) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements (Selection Criteria), in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
- A completed application form if you a sending your application by email. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Submit an online application using a school computer
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED