Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP645534
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
A fantastic opportunity!
Floreat Park Primary School (PS) is seeking an aspiring, contemporary and innovative school leader who will actively contribute to the leadership team in progressing the school’s strategic direction and build on its success.
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- exemplary interpersonal acumen that forges and maintains positive, productive and trusting relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community;
- an openness and capacity for learning;
- an outcome focus; they will execute and consistently deliver high quality outcomes for the school;
- a commitment to positive education, staff and student wellbeing and restorative processes that contribute to safe, engaging and motivating learning environments;
- demonstrated ability to increase the self-efficacy and capacity of teachers through developing and supporting highly effective teams and effectively leading change;
- coaching and mentoring skills that will enhance the performance and development culture within the school;
- high level technology skills and a deep understanding of how technology can be used to enhance and redefine student learning experiences;
- the ability to coordinate, develop and present high quality professional learning for teachers and procedures to monitor its transfer into practice;
- contemporary teaching pedagogies that include inquiry approaches;
- the ability to draw on the analysis and triangulation of data sets to make decisions that will lead to improvement.
Experience in or an advocate for early childhood education is desirable, but not essential.
Floreat Park PS is committed to the Department of Education’s direction in identifying, developing and supporting future leaders.
Floreat Park PS is an Independent Public School providing excellence in educational opportunities from Kindergarten to Year 6. While acknowledging its rich history, Floreat Park PS is foremost a contemporary school engaged in best practice teaching pedagogy. Central to its success is the strong participation of the parent community in all aspects of school life.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Floreat Park PS can be found by visiting www.floreatparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jane Rowlands, Principal by telephoning (08) 9205 5600 or 0474 268 672 (during the school holiday) or by emailing Jane.Rowlands@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements , in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 13 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.