Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS643766
This is a permanent part-time (0.76FTE) position commencing during Term 4, 2020
Boyare Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Cleaner in Charge to join their school. As Cleaner in Charge, you will help create the best environment for students to succeed in their learning.
To be successful in this position, you will be required to possess the ability to organise and supervise staff. You will have sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and lead the environmental services team. As Cleaner In Charge you will be well organised and have good record keeping skills.
Boyare is a multicultural community which is valued and celebrated. We have a case management approach which includes all stakeholders. Our school community embraces our motto, 'Learning Together' by developing independent learners with the skills and knowledge to become productive, happy and fulfilled members of an ever changing world.
We are committed to developing each child's potential academically, socially, emotionally and physically. Our school community is united in teaching the values that enable our students to lead in the development of a harmonious and inclusive, multicultural society.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Boyare Primary School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Diarne Kriskovich, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9338 2500 or emailing Diarne.Kriskovich@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Diarne Kriskovich, Principal, on 0404 760 992.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- The ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.