Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS644031
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Bob Hawke College is seeking to appoint a Business Support Officer who is self-motivated, shows initiative and is able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
As a Business Support Officer you will be required to possess excellent interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible in assisting the Manager Corporate Services in a wide range of business operations including the management of facilities and asset management.
The College opened in 2020 with 270 students. With an anticipated enrolment of 300 Year 7 students in 2020, this role will evolve as we grow in size until the anticipated enrolment of 1800 in 2025.
You will be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with high level accuracy and attention to detail, work with minimal supervision as well as assist and mentor other support staff to achieve team outcomes. As Business Support Officer you will need to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with members of the senior leadership, staff, students and parents, as well as a diverse school community and with a wide range of government and outside agencies.
This role involves the use of a number of Microsoft and web base data software packages along with the ability to develop and utilise spread sheets. An excellent working knowledge of Schools Information System (SIS) (Administration, Enrolments, Timetabling), RM Finance, RM Billing, Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Connect, Roll Marker and Reporting to Parents would be highly desirable.
In this role, you will contribute to the development of a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will ideally possess the following attributes: They will be caring; curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour, and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
The College has emerged as a central hub of the Subiaco east Redevelopment precinct with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships with those around us and improved learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use relevant software applications.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting www.bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Nicole Cooper, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0419 041 449 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.